Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mini Zucchini Meatloaves

So, I disappeared for awhile, my guess is that no one really noticed.  My sister likes to pretend it matters, though.  My daughter's activity schedule has gotten just a bit out of control and my evenings are no longer my own.  My work filter does not allow for posting on blogger, except during a 1 hour window at lunch, which lately has not been used much for lunch.  All of a sudden, every part of my life has been busier!


This is, of course, exactly what mealpods are perfect for.  Just because I have been super busy, does not mean that I have been eating badly.  I try and keep at least one week, if not two weeks of lunches frozen as mealpods, so I am covered in cases of circumstances that don't allow for my usual Sunday cooking schedule.


So, almost three weeks ago, I made a bunch of mini zucchini meatloaves and I've been enjoying them greatly.



Mini Zucchini Meatloaves
Prep Time: 10 min                
Cook Time: 45 minutes             
Yield: 4

INGREDIENTS:

16 oz ground beef
1 cup zucchini, grated
¼ cup onion, grated
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup feta cheese
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350˚

Shred the zucchini and grate the Parmesan cheese and onion before starting to mix the beef.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl being sure everything is distributed evenly.

Portion into mini loaf pans and cook for 45 minutes. 

Allow to cool, then portion for freezing.

Nutrition: 356 calories, 20g fat, 813g sodium, 5G carb, 2g fiber, 39g protein

nutrition information estimated at Livestrong.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment