Monday, May 28, 2012

Broccoli Chicken Salad

This recipe is from 2 sources. 

One this amazing looking broccoli salad I found on Pinterest made by Eatyourselfskinny.com  http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2011/03/sweet-broccoli-salad.html

The other inspiration was my sister's chicken salad recipe my Mom, Aunt and I kept on making Sis make for us. We even made her make it in our hotel room in Hawaii a couple of years back. :-)


Okay in my recipe - mix together in no certain order:

cold cubed cooked chicken breast
broccoli floret (just the tree top part)
red grapes
chopped walnuts
red onions
craisins
your choice mayonaisse or greek yogurt or coleslaw sauce
1 tbs splenda sugar replacement 
a teensy bit of cumin

You may notice I did not include any amounts. That is because I was so darn hungry I just winged it by sight. I tried to have more broccoli than anything else and I used only a little bit of mayo. I suggest adding it a tbs at a time until you like the looks of it. I like mine pretty dray as you can see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment